Choosing a contractor for any type of home renovation project is extremely important. This is someone that you will be welcoming into your home, exposing your family and personal belongings to, and trusting that they will provide you with exceptional service while performing the work to industry standards.
Moving forward with a contractor that you are comfortable with, and understands your goals should be your primary intent. Deciding on a contractor based on price alone can be risky in multiple ways.
Included are a few tips on how to make a good decision when choosing a contractor:
- Be an educated consumer – have some level of understanding about the work to be performed.
- Connect with the contractor in person as part of your decision-making process.
- Do your research on the potential contractor – check their credentials, references, and referrals.
- Request your proposal to be documented – and do not initiate work to be performed without a formal agreement completed.
- Be realistic with your expectations regarding ‘Quality’ and ‘Price’.
- Ensure all work is completed before signing off on the completed project with the contractor.
A key component to choosing a contractor is trusting them. Do not allow the contractor to pressure you into a decision, or use a scare tactic to up-sell on the project. At LUX Foundation Solutions we will work with you every step of the way to educate you on your property and ensure your home is safe. Contact us today to learn about what we can do to help your home!