What is a Wall Anchor?
The Grip-Tite Wall Anchor System utilizes proven engineering methods to secure and stabilize deteriorating basement walls. Bowed, cracked or leaning basements walls are a sign that something is going very wrong with the structural integrity of your property. This issue happens when hydrostatic pressure from too much water building up against the walls, or the soil that is around your property swells and exerts pressure that forces the foundation wall inward. What’s more, the system works on any kind of basement wall – concrete block, clay block, poured concrete, timber, or stone.
The system consists of an interior wall plate, an exterior soil anchor and a connecting steel rod to stabilize foundation walls by counteracting pressure exerted against the wall.
The system is a property owner’s alternative to completely removing and rebuilding basement walls that have become cracked, leaning or bowed as a result of pressures exceeding the allowable design capacity of the wall.
Grip-Tite Wall Anchors are spaced in different locations along a wall and rod extenders can be used to avoid decks, flowerbeds, and other landscaping. If you have any questions in regards to our Wall Anchor System, don't hesitate to contact us! Our team of professionals has the expertise to provide you with quality wall anchor installations you can trust.
Wall Anchor Advantages:
- In most cases can straighten wall (overtime) without excavation
- Limited disturbance to lawn and landscape
- The low-profile wall plate can be easily painted or finished over
- Counteracts pressure on the wall without causing damage to structure (does not rely on the floor joists or wood framing as the reaction)
- Will stabilize bowed, leaning and sheared walls
- The patented product can only be installed by manufacturer-certified installers
Choose LUX Foundation Solutions For Your Wall Anchor Installation
LUX Foundation Solutions is Northern Virginia's leading foundation repair company. Wall Anchor Systems installations are just one of many foundation repair services we perform on our client's properties. If you suspect foundation damage to your home our business, contact us right away for a free inspection!