What are Push Piers?
The Grip-Tite Foundation Push Pier System is used to fix foundation settlement, and the impact onto the foundation and structure. The Push Pier System uses steel tubes that utilize the weight of the structure to hydraulically drive the piers to bedrock or other competent load-bearing strata. The piers are spaced a maximum of 6 feet apart and are used to level or stabilize an existing foundation. Once the tubes are driven to bedrock or the competent load-bearing strata, the load of the structure is fully transferred to the pier through an underpinning bracket that is positioned under the footing. The structure is now stabilized to prevent any further settlement. If you notice your foundation settling, call LUX Foundation Solutions! We can provide you with a free inspection as well as options like push piers to stabilize your property.
Push Pier Advantages:
There are many advantages when it comes to Push Piers to consider when choosing the right foundation service for your home or business. Some of these advantages include:
- The end-bearing pier does not rely on friction for capacity
- Each pier load is tested during installation
- Ability to reach greater depths using a starter tube with friction collar
- High-strength steel pier sections and sleeved couplings have high resistance to bending
- Long life span, resistance to corrosion (design life in moderate soils is more than 100 years)
- Available with hot-dipped galvanized coating for added corrosion resistance
If you want to learn more about Push Piers, don't hesitate to contact LUX Foundation Solutions! We can talk you through our process and help you determine which foundation repair service is right for you.
Choose LUX Foundation Solutions For Your Push Pier Installation
Are you interested in push piers? Contact the professionals at LUX Foundation Solutions for a free inspection and estimate to determine if this solution is right for you! We proudly serve individuals throughout Northern Virginia. Contact us today!